Saturday, July 2, 2011

SmartKlean Laundry Ball (review)

     A while back another blogger had posted about the SmartKlean laundry ball. I became intrigued after checking out their website at http://www.smartklean.com/ .  I've been happy using soap nuts for a while now and feel they are still a fantastic eco friendly way to wash your clothes among other things. However, this laundry ball has some fantastic benefits that soap nuts do not.

     The ball itself is an interesting shape and feels like it's made of a rubbery plastic. It's heavy for its size and is filled with four different little round ceramic beads and magnets.  Their website states that everything inside the ball is biodegradable and the outer casing is recyclable. Each of the different ceramic balls inside have a different purpose, as do the magnets.  One is an antibiotic that eliminates mold and bacteria, another is an alkali that elevates the water's PH to similar levels of soaps & detergents, another is a far infrared and negative ions increasing molecular motion and decreasing surface tension ensuring sterilization, and the last one is for chlorine exclusion eliminating chloride compounds in water.  The tiny, but powerful magnets inside break down water clusters and help reduce rust in your washing machine. The shape and design of the ball beats & agitates dirt off clothing during the wash cycle. I love the idea of reducing chlorine in the water and that is what really attracted me to the SmartKlean ball in the first place.

     The SmartKlean laundry ball is reusable for 365 loads.  They say one year, but I don't do a load of laundry each day, so it could last me longer than that. Included in the package was a chart to mark off each time you do a load to keep track of the 365 uses. This could potentially save a lot of money over purchasing laundry detergent.

     Since the SmartKlean laundry ball does not use soap or detergent, there is no need for the rinse cycle and you can wash all of your clothes in cold water, saving you money on water and electricity, not to mention time.  I have been using the ball for the past few weeks and have been completely satisfied with its ability to clean and deodorize the kids stinky, dirty clothes.  I suppose if I had some really tough stains I could make a liquid soap from my soap nuts to pre-treat the stains before washing with the SmartKlean ball.

This is a great alternative to laundry detergents for people with allergies and sensitive skin. Check it out!





























This review is my personal opinion of the product. I am not being compensated by the company in any way, except that they sent me one SmartKlean laundry ball to try out and review on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This looks neat! I might need to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete