Thursday, February 24, 2011

Magic Soap?

     I have been searching for all natural body care products and came across Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap. Apparently this stuff can be used for all sorts of things: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, dish soap, laundry soap and a slew of other uses. It has great reviews all over the internet and I even have a few friends who use this stuff. There are several different scents available as well.


     We picked up a bottle of the Tea Tree scent (I wanted the peppermint, but Brandon didn't want to smell girly so he picked the Tea Tree scent for our trial) at Target for about $10 for the smaller bottle. Nowhere on the bottle does it list how much is in it, but it's about the size of an average shampoo bottle. In fact, the label on the bottle is so full of tiny print, and what you do manage to read, you will realize that Dr. Bronner was his own kind of "special". Don't let that influence your purchase though.


     We decided to try this out in the shower, for our hair and body wash. First, I'd like to say, I do NOT like the Tea Tree scent. It's awful. Well, at least to me.  Brandon doesn't seem to mind. It is definitely a more manly scent. Smell aside, tea tree oil does have some nice benefits, and this soap makes you feel very clean after a shower. As a shampoo it cleans the hair very well, but you definitely need to get the conditioner as well (the conditioner wasn't available at Target). It's also highly concentrated so it should last a LONG time.


     I have not yet attempted to use this as a toothpaste, especially not in this scent... I can just imagine how it would taste... YUCK! Maybe the peppermint would work better for that purpose.  I think I would like to try Lavendar for the laundry, Citrus for the dishes and kitchen floors, and Eucalyptus for a bubble bath when we are sick. I love that the ingredients are all natural and contain essential oils that each have their own benefits. They even have a mild unscented soap for babies.


     If  you have ever used Dr. Bronner's, let me know what your favorite scent is and what you have used it for.  If you haven't used it before, I hope you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment