Monday, April 25, 2011

Grilled Banana Boats (recipes)

     Last week when my husband grilled fruit for a fruit salad, he grilled bananas.  I had never heard of grilled bananas before, so I decided to Google it and see what would come up. I found multiple recipes for banana boats, also called campfire bananas, and Brandon thought it would be the perfect dessert for Easter.  They were very simple to make and tasted soooooo good!




















I cut the stems off of the bananas then slit them down the middles, but not all the way through the other side. I stuffed each one with Ghiradelli chocolate chips and those pastel fruit flavored marshmallows.  Brandon put them on the grill until the peels turned black and the bananas were soft on the inside.  The chocolate chips melted and the marshmallows were perfectly toasted, crispy on the outside, and gooey in the middles. You can eat them with a spoon right from the peel or scoop them out over some vanilla ice cream like we did. YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment