Thursday, April 21, 2011

Grilled BBQ Pulled Chicken Breast and Grilled Fruit Salad (recipes)

     My hubby has been itching to use the grill lately.  He asked me if he could grill hot dogs for lunch.  EWWWW!! NO!! So he decided to look for some recipes that I can actually enjoy and came up with a very nice dinner.

     First, he grilled 4 large chicken breasts and added some BBQ seasoning while it was on the grill. When that was finished,  I pulled the chicken and put it in a large cast iron skillet, added 1/2 cup of shredded carrots and BBQ sauce to taste, and put it back on the grill.

     I cut up all the fruit into chunks and put them on skewers.  (Bananas, Pineapples, Pears, Apples, Strawberries, and Plums)  Brandon grilled each different fruit separately, because they require different amounts of time.  Since this was his first time grilling fruit other than pineapple, we weren't sure what to expect. Some of the fruit did burn, but this was a learning experience.

   While he was busy being "lord of the grill", I mixed up the dressing with 8 oz plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup honey, and a handful of chocolate mint leaves from my garden that I chopped up.

     When everything was ready, I served the grilled fruit on top of organic mixed spring greens and topped with the dressing.  My hubby and kiddos had their grilled BBQ pulled chicken on a bun with lettuce, but I skipped on the bun.  

     I've always loved grilled pineapples, but we have never tried grilling other fruits before.  I think I would prefer them fresh, besides the pineapple, but it was still very good. There's just something about grilled pineapple... The chicken was WONDERFUL!!!  This is definitely something we will have again.




1 comment: