Sunday, March 6, 2011

Diet update: Week 2

     It's been two weeks since I started my diet, which means that Phase 1 is over and I'm starting Phase 2. Since I get to add more variety into my diet on Phase 2, I plan to try some new recipes and will post any that I feel are blog worthy. 


     In the past few weeks, I have lost a total of 4 lbs, actually 6 lbs lost, but I had gained 2 lbs on my cheat day, and can see small differences in my measurements already.  The last time I did the South Beach Diet, I had lost 8 lbs in the first two weeks, so I'm a bit disappointed this time.  I really was hoping for more, but I guess if I keep up at this pace, about 2 lbs a week,  I should be at my goal weight by early July.


    My wedding band was already fitting very loosely before I started the diet, however, over the past few weeks I had to stop wearing it because it would literally fall off.  Yesterday I took it to Brandon's work and he put a metal sizer on it.  I'm so glad I can wear it again!  Once I reach my goal weight, I'll have him resize the actual ring to fit. My clothes are also fitting looser, but not enough to go out and buy new ones just yet.


     I haven't exercised as much as I should this past week.  I tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD once with the kids.  It was a great workout.  I need to build up my stamina though, since it was kind of difficult even for the level one exercises. I should also keep my inhaler nearby when working out with Jillian. She really kicks your butt! I've also walked with the kids after lunch in the neighborhood. My kids did pretty good, but the 6 yr old complained a lot and was getting worn out pretty fast.  I probably could have gone twice as far, but my hip was giving me trouble again. They did enjoy the walk, though, so we may do it more often as long as the weather is nice. Spring is my favorite season, and I look forward to nice days.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment