Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Neti Pot



    A few weeks ago I signed up on Facebook to receive a free sample SinuSense Neti Pot from Waterpik. It came in the mail yesterday, just in time, too.  I have horrible allergies, especially when I forget to take my allergy meds, and this weekend I was really feeling it. Although, I do feel better today, my sinuses were still a bit stuffy, so I decided to give it a try. I boiled water like it told me to and only put in half a packet of the saline mix, per a friend's suggestion, then let it cool to lukewarm. First, let me tell you, I HATE saline nose sprays. I also hate getting water in my nose, so I really wasn't sure how I would handle this. It wasn't THAT bad, but it wasn't pleasant either. I can't believe they recommend you do this on a daily regimen. Who does that? I do understand how it works, and it did help a lot, even though I couldn't do the whole thing.  I don't think I will do this regularly, but it's handy to keep in the medicine cabinet when I'm feeling congested. It's definitely a more natural option than medicine. I do give kudos to SinuSense for sending a GENEROUS free sample. Not only did I get a Neti Pot, but 60 saline packets along with it. It should last me quite some time.



2 comments:

  1. That's a great free offer! Word of caution: my husband recently fell ill with the flu and ended up with a sinus infection. Apparantly you should not use these when you have infection because he ended up getting a terrible ear infection right after using the Neti pot only a couple of times. It got so bad his ear drum burst, and now he is suffering with the constant ringing in his ear & hearing loss, which we pray he will recover. Someone told him afterward that you shouldn't use when infection is present. Makes sense to me, just thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that happened to your husband, how horrible. Thanks for sharing your concerns. I'll be sure to remember that. Luckily, I do not have a sinus infection. I'm prone to getting them a few times a year, but determined not to this year.

    ReplyDelete