Sunday, March 6, 2011

Popcorn!

     Everyone in the house likes popcorn, and it's allowed on the SBD, but I'm not fond of the ingredients in prepackaged popcorn.  I decided to make my own and bought plain popcorn kernels.  I really wanted to get organic popcorn, but they didn't have any at the local Reasor's, and I didn't feel like taking a 45 minute drive to the nearest Whole Foods market.  I wish they had one in Broken Arrow. Anyway, I put 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a small bowl and mixed in 1 tsp of melted coconut oil, then put it into a brown paper lunch sack.  I folded the top of the bag over two times and stuck it in the microwave for approximately 3 minutes. Stay by the microwave and take it out once there is about two-three seconds between pops. You could add a little salt, melted butter, or even melted coconut oil to taste.  I like it plain, though, and it is much healthier than store bought popcorn. Happy popping!

No comments:

Post a Comment